About the Role
Our client is looking for a Senior Network Engineer to help manage the connectivity and infrastructure for their network. This includes helping to commission, maintain and upgrade the network infrastructure, and manage the change when required.
The senior network engineers will be required to interact with customers, as well as being an escalation point for the Junior Network Engineers, and other members of the team, when issues arise.
Senior Network Engineer’s Responsibilities
The Senior Network Engineer’s responsibilities will consist of (please note that this is not an exhaustive list, and other duties and responsibilities may arise as the team grows. Our client requires employees to be flexible within the nature of their work, and to always be willing to help where and when needed):
- 5 days 9-5:30 in the London office
- To commission, maintain and upgrade our Network Infrastructure.
- To manage change to the Network Infrastructure when required.
- To be responsible for operational systems and intervene where and when required.
- To maintain correct and detailed documentation for the Network Infrastructure.
- To help adapt and develop technical procedures as the company grows.
- To assist other Network Engineers in resolving incidents, requests, and changes in a timely manner, including escalations.
- To be able to troubleshoot complex technical issues, working with customers and thirdparty suppliers.
- To always be available to work on the Network Infrastructure outside of usual business hours, both planned and unplanned.
- To be able to effectively communicate both orally and in writing both within the technical team, the wider organisation and to customers.
The Right Candidate
Essential required skills and knowledge:
- Great foundation and knowledge of networking standards, protocols, and technologies.
- Extensive experience with configuring and maintaining Juniper routers in a service provider environment, and specifically with RSVP based MPLS networks, VPLS, BGP route reflector, and dual stack environments.
- Experience with scripting / programming languages.
- Experience with building network automation tools.
- Experience with DDoS mitigation solutions.
- Knowledge of PCI DSS, ISO 27001 or equivalent certification frameworks.
- Company pension scheme.
- Bonus scheme (20% performance bonus)
- 5% of your annual salary to go towards any training course of your choice.
- 25 days of annual leave allowance that increases with years served (excluding bank holidays).
- Private Healthcare.
- Access to Spill, our mental health support partner.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Vitality Healthcare.
- Half price Virgin Active Membership.
- Free eye test.
- Travel loan.
- Hastee app, to help manage your salary and finances.