The Linux Specialist will support the Client base and Internal environments. There will be a requirement to work within the weekly shift pattern with some client change requests being implemented out of hours and at weekends.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To support the OS and hardware of the Linux Server estate.
- To remediate issues in a timely manner.
- To communicate issues and/or status of work to Service Management
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- To build, implement and provide feedback on server lifecycle process.
- To liaise with 3rd party vendors.
- To produce high quality documentation.
- To assist with project work.
- Excellent knowledge of RHEL 6, 7 and 8. Having a RHCSA/RHCE would be beneficial.
- Good overall grounding in Configuration Management Tools (Puppet & Ansible).
- Platform for managing repositories (Pulp/Satellite).
- Good shell Scripting, bash, etc.
- Capable of writing Linux RPMs.
- DNS, LDAP and AD/IDM
- Git and Subversion
- Good knowledge of VMware products.
- Cobbler and Kickstart
- The ability to agree and then meet deadlines.
- Demonstrable analytical and problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, including a diplomatic but firm manner.
- Strong team player mentality.
- Strong understanding of infrastructure and application technologies, including compute, virtualisation, networks, application servers, middleware, automation, end user computing, mobile computing and cloud technologies.
- IBM/HP hardware.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Nagios and Solarwinds.
- Ability to tune servers to function within a low latency environment.
- Project Management process/tools knowledge and understanding (Prince2).
- Solaris 10 Sparc/X86.
- MUST offer experience of some of the following: MySQL, Apache, Squid, SSH, TCP/IP.
- Understanding of front office financial services.
- SolarFlare product suite (SFPTP etc.).