We are looking for an experience and skilled senior DevOps engineer to help build and operate our clients new cloud based infrastructure services and offering. You will need to be at the top of your game and have had experience of building services and operating Iaas / PaaS within Google Cloud Platform and Azure.
- Be part of a growingteam to build a robust platform as a service in support of hosting investment banking applications primarily in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and Microsoft Azure. The platform will need to be robust, secure and controlled and be able to run thousands of workloads across multiple regions to support our front office trading products
- You will be part of our Cloud Engineering team focusing on enabling our banks end-to-end journey from a data center exit to the Cloud
- Cloud is transforming the way technology in banking. It represents a radical shift in how IT services are obtained, used, and managed.
- We recognize the opportunity Cloud provide for our developers highest aspirations for analytics and cognitive solutions is next-gen Cloud infrastructure
- Accelerate our applications teams migration to the cloud towards a technology-driven future by delivering and maintaining software
- Educate our developer community of all sizes on the value proposition of GCP and participate in architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
What you’ll do:
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within developer community to enable them to be cloud advocates and enable our Cloud strategy
- Provide in depth hands-on work developer support the banks with large-scale implementation of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or Azure.
- Deliver and enhance our infrastructure automation tools, Terraform & Ansible preferred, with a focus on immutable infrastructure
- Deliver cloud architecture to ensure high availability while ensuring the highest level of security in a controlled and regulated environment
- Be the key owner and evangelist of several large projects owning all technical aspects of software development, focused cloud platform enablement
- Performs hands-on architecture, design and development of systems specifically as it pertains to Google Cloud Platform, Kubernetes/GKE, Terraform, Artifactory
- Ability to understand systems and architectures to quickly identify potential problems
- Assists in implementing solutions for cloud platform enablement
- Sees opportunities to adopt innovative technologies
- Provides continuous support for ongoing application availability
The skills you’ll need:
- Knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services
- Understanding of Infrastructure and Configuration as Code and related concepts on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Experience with Logging and Monitoring tools such as Splunk, Dynatrace, or StackDriver.
- Self-starter with an in-depth hands-on work experience with large-scale implementations of Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and/or with Azure
- A knowledge of banking products, output, or infrastructure
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of successfully migrating software infrastructure to complex cloud environments with programming
- Experience with coding in a modern languages
- Experience with CI/CD tools
- Knowledge of cloud ecosystems, database access, containerization (GKE/Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of cloud security principle and ability to document risk and controls to support emerging technologies