We are looking for an experienced implementation engineer to join our Enterprise Network Development Team. The team is responsible for producing and documenting designs and standards, plus implementing the network infrastructure for the changing business needs. This role will focus on the Enterprise network
Your key responsibilities
- To lead the implementation and specification of Enterprise network infrastructure to ensure the security, availability and integrity of the company’s computer processing and communication capability.
- To ensure the fitness for purpose of the company’s Enterprise data network infrastructure through appropriate design and selection of technology in line with the company’s technology strategy.
- To work closely with the design engineers so that cohesive implementation plans can be written and implemented without causing interruption to live services.
- To keep project managers and customers updated with the progress of implementation work.
- To ensure the smooth transition of new network infrastructure technologies from implementation into production by working closely with operational support teams.
- Together with other members of the team, participate in the development and maintenance of implementation standards for technology service levels to customers and clients.
- To ensure all implementations are documented, compliant, delivered on time, and in budget.
To be successful in this role the candidate must have
- Previous experience of working for a large conglomerate.
- Previous experience of implementing the network infrastructure for large data centres and 4000+ user campus LANs.
- Have excellent communication skills and have experience influencing key stakeholders within a business.
- A focus on delivery will be key along with great attention to detail and the ability to prioritise multiple projects according to business focus.
- Ability to manage their own performance, complete tasks reliably, and act proactively to understand client needs and identify solutions.
- The ability to work well within a team and also as an individual when required is essential.
- Excellent documentation and presentation skills are a must.