The primary purpose of the role is to represent the Network Management Centre. You will be the technical author for all new projects that need to be transitioned into Operational management and support.
Your key responsibilities
As a member of the Network Management Centre within the UK Technology Network Operations department, you will responsible for all operational and support documentation. This is a hands-off role but you need to have an ISP technical background.
The ideal candidate will be a multi-skilled network engineer, capable of understanding network solutions in a timely manner. To achieve this, you’ll:
- Provide technical consultancy to the business and project teams always considering Operational requirements - reviewing solutions and documentation as required
- Training/Knowledge transfer to NMC shift teams for new services/technology.
- Write support and operational documentation for new and existing projects
- Superb communications ability, both written and verbal.
- 5+ years of experience of working in large scale ISP/Telco networks preferably in Operations as Network/IP Engineer
- In-depth expert-level knowledge of IP Routing Protocols (OSPF/ISIS/BGP), Switching and MPLS based services protocols are essential.
- Excellent knowledge and 5+ years of experience on carrier-grade Cisco/Juniper/Nokia/Huawei routing/switching platforms with an understanding of their architecture. [Cisco & Nokia desirable]
- Hands-on experience on Nokia or Huawei is a plus.
- Good working experience of Load balancers (F5) is a plus.
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills and have to experience handling/fixing critical network incidents.
- ISP/Telco Application awareness is preferable.
- Network Assurance tools, techniques etc.