Our client is Europe's leading entertainment company and serves over 22 million customers across five countries. UK Technology Operations are at the core of the technical organisation, which plays a major part in the current and anticipated future success. This vacancy is within the Enterprise Network Support team at the heart of the enterprise network infrastructure. Reliance on the IP network has increased dramatically over the last 3 – 5 years as core functions have been made available online. Its reliance is set to increase further as the flagship products mature, more content is offered and new products delivered.
Many major services now run over parts of the IP network, Enterprise England team are responsible for the stability of the underlying networks, to provide uninterrupted performance.
The team is based in south west London, alongside other key operational teams. As the delivery of content becomes further reliant on the IP network, the availability of the network infrastructure is becoming even more business critical.
The role requires extended office hours on a 6 week rota.
As part of a large team providing continued support to critical business and customer facing systems your roles and responsibilities will include :
- Tier 2/3 diagnostics of network operational incidents
- Network monitoring (although primary monitoring is centralised from a NOC)
- Provide effective and efficient support to the infrastructure services
- Build relationship with all technology teams
- Collaborative troubleshooting with support teams
- Change management and Planned works
- Testing; Operational Readiness, Service Migration and Failover
- Adhere to support processes and procedures
Event and Incident Management
- Monitoring; reacting to alerts and proactively managing degradation notifications
- Incident management; Identify issue/problem, log, manage communication and updates
- Co-ordinate and manage any internal departments that are required to work on incidents
- Ticket management; regularly update tickets and customer to agreed timescales
- Supplier Management; chase for updates, manage product, TAC cases and service SLA
- Identify any issues/impact new service/migration could have on network or operations
- Plan and prepare all tasks, consulting with peers for advice and opinions
- Evaluate and review all planned works/changes that are submitted and understand impact on network and business
- Implement changes at approved time windows
- Responsible for ensuring all documentation relating to estate is kept up to date.
- Ensure all new services go through handover process and are “Operationally Accepted”
- Gain thorough understanding of multiple network environments across and know the business impact/criticality of services to the end departments.
- Ensuring all service SLAs and KPI are met and exceeded.
- To follow health and safety policies and procedures; report any safety issues to line management; and participate in objectives to be a safe and healthy workplace.
Due to the dynamic nature of our clients products and expanding commercial territories, we are looking for people who can learn the complexities of our very large, multi-function network infrastructure and who add value to our team in keeping our business users running 24/7 and 365 days a year.
We are looking for people with :
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Business knowledge
Understands the internal business relationships and familiar with service level agreements and expectations of internal customer departments
- Numerical & verbal reasoning
Able to assimilate complex data and to clarify options available. Strong analytical skills, able to interpret performance data and provide concise reports
- Relationship Management
Establishes rapport and trust with internal customers. Develops direct empathy demonstrating a clear understanding of customer’s operational requirements. Builds effective internal relationships
- Problem Solving
Ability to obtain relevant, concise information from multiple sources. Defines the problem area clearly and is able to assimilate options and recommendations