Development Team Lead
Are you looking for a new and exciting Development role?
We have an excellent opportunity with one of our key clients. They are now looking for a qualified Development Team Lead to manage their Development Team and provide effective guidance. The Team Lead will be responsible for the Services team whose main function is to create new micro services in Go to support the needs of the other teams. The Development Team work alongside the Systems Architect, Ops and Product, to ensure they leverage the right tools and 3rd party integrations, if needed.
Ideally, you will have experience of going through the breakdown of a monolith into micro-services and be familiar with the challenges and obstacles involved.
· Supervising, managing and motivating team members daily.
· Proactively ensuring smooth team operations and effective collaboration.
· Leading by setting a good example and engaging the team to achieve goals.
· Spearheading the micro services development to support the business needs
· Researching and influencing the building of new micro-services
· Planning the development and delivery according to sprint capacity
· Motivating and mentoring team members
· Proven work experience as a Team Leader or Supervisor
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
· Extensive knowledge in Go
· Experience in MySQL, Redis
· Git, Docker
· Solr or Elasticsearch
· LAMP stack (Perl, PHP)
· Knowledge in AWS and services (S3, SQS, Kinesis, Lambda, etc)
· Excellent basic salary with generous bonus scheme
· 25 days annual leave, plus additional days for length of service and your birthday!
· Regular team incentives and social events, including annual Christmas and Summer parties
· Discounts with major cinemas and retailers, family days out, and much more
· Life Insurance and Company Pension
· Employee Assistance Programme (Mental Health & Well-being support)
· Great culture and work environment