Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative. Together, we’re proud of the products and services we deliver for our customers.
What you'll do:
- Work closely with the Solution Architects, Business Analysts, Technical Analysts, Continuous Integration Engineers, E2E Testers and Support team members to ensure that the solutions we build are implemented to the highest standards.
- Designing and implementing changes to existing software and ensuring that these support both new and established capabilities/functionality.
- Identifying unit and component test scenarios and verifying the software component(s) work as specified by business stakeholders.
- Analysing software problems and recommending solutions with minimal assistance.
- Work as part of an Agile team to implement project capabilities that provide business solutions; leading & coaching other team members on occasion.
- Contributing to the continuous improvement of how we work by being a positive and engaged member of the team.
What you'll bring:
- Development experience using REST, Java, J2EE and the Spring Framework.
- Demonstrable knowledge in developing SQL and PL/SQL (Oracle)
- Experience of test-driven development and associated technologies (e.g. Junit, Cucumber)
- Familiar with service-based development and the associated technologies (application server and web server), including producing / working against services specifications.
- Familiar with software development methods and frameworks, with an interest in Agile techniques and methods.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to provide written & verbal updates tailored to your audience.
Experience of the following is required:
- Java 8 or/and 11
- Apache kafka (with Camel for routing)
Experience with the following tools is advantageous:
- SQL Developer