Job Title; Senior SW Developer
Senior Software Engineer (Cloud)
What you'll do:
You will work in a team of Network Planners, Developers and Data Scientists to support the development of software and analytics capabilities for modelling the European network infrastructure and to drive the network strategy.
As a software engineer you will be responsible for the design, deployment and maintenance of our data centric applications and our internal dashboard application. This role will involve close collaboration with other software developers, network data scientist and network operations.
What you'll bring:
You will have excellent knowledge and experience (gained in the industry) in the SW development areas and cloud Development areas.
• Strong experience of designing and building microservices architecture, preferably in a cloud environment.
• At least 2 years of professional experience with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud platform in application deployment.
• Good understanding of cloud security.
• Hands on experience and understanding of Docker and Kubernetes
• Strong experience of building RESTful APIs or web frameworks
• Experience of developing and delivering data centric applications
• Good knowledge of Python
• Building reusable codes and libraries
• Experience with CI/CD pipelines.
• Ability to support and coach junior developers
• Excellent communication skills
• Providing accurate time estimates on work
• Familiarity with agile methodology.
• Professional experience of designing and deploying microservice with observability at core using Prometheus, Grafana, Jaeger or equivalent stack.
• Experience of deploying machine learning pipelines on cloud.
• Experience of migrating legacy (hosted on premise) applications to cloud.
• Experience with SQL
The Network Data Science and Software team, part of the Engineering Division, takes a data-driven approach towards meeting network planning goals, including capacity planning, performance planning and network economics. We develop insights which reinforce planning decisions and support wider commercial objectives.