We are looking for a Transmission Support Engineer, who will provide world class 1st line technical support and timely fault analysis on the Broadcast Playout platforms, Live Content Delivery and News Operation Centre’s MCR operational teams as well as 3rd party pass through services. They will ensure all issues are logged and reported to high standards. This is a 12-hour shift, including weekends and nights
BSc/MSc. in Engineering, electronics or a science based field or a Media Based engineering qualification. In lieu of degree level qualification, will also accept experience within a broadcast engineering support role with a broad mix of experience with broadcast systems.
- Great personal skills.
- Good time-management skills
- Experience in Broadcast Engineering
- Experience in supporting Playout and MCR functions
- Experience with linear video distribution
- Experience in Monitor and Control systems
- A great understanding of control systems and comms systems
- Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, Firewalls and Multicast networking
- Excellent knowledge of personal computing
- Excellent communication, collaboration and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent knowledge of the demands of a live broadcast environment
- Experience of cloud playout implementations