Senior Data Engineer – Visualisation
Osterley or Livingston
The Data Visualisation team work within Data to create data products, dashboards and datasets that can bring data to life while supporting our businesses across throughout Europe.
You’ll develop your career and be responsible for the creation of clear, reliable and informative dashboards while taking an active role helping us define what good looks like in our visualisation capability.
What you'll do:
- Develop reports, documents and dashboards as per requirements
- Work with the other DTA teams to identify, profile and validate potential sources of data to meet reporting and dashboards requirements
- Work as a member within a squad - understand and contribute to the agile delivery process and contribute for your team’s software quality from concept to production
- Provide high and low level estimates of effort and risks regarding the expected deliverables
- Create and maintain relevant technical and functional documentation
What you'll bring:
- Excellent SQL skills
- Proven experience in development of reports, documents and dashboards as per requirements
- Proven experience with modern BI tools like Tableau / Power BI / Looker (preferably Tableau) with a focus and understanding of end to end best practice in providing self-serve data and dashboarding capability
- Experience with large transactional data volumes, and the types of solutions that support these in data warehousing and reporting contexts
- Able to work as part of an Agile team, communicate progress daily and regularly present at different levels
- Extensive data analysis and interpretation background to critically evaluate data gathered from various sources, helping key partners understand and maximise the potential data
Group Data Hub
Want to unlock the power of data? Our Group Data Hub works with millions of data transformations every day to deliver value, improve customer experience and enable new product launches. From architecture to analytics and engineering to science: it’s how we bring customers more of what they love.