Our client has a requirement to back-fill a member of their network support and operations team with a senior network engineer. We are seeking a network engineer with exceptional operation and support experience for a large campus and data centre network;
- Must have CCNP / CCIE level or equivalent qualification
- Must have experience with Cisco, F5, Palo Alto and good routing and switching knowledge
- Must be aware of processes such as Incident management, Change management, Capacity Management etc.
- Experience in network operations or infrastructure support role at a 2nd/3rd level, acquired preferably within the media sector or exposure to large enterprise networks in other sectors.
- Event and Incident Management
- Lead incident investigation for major production and high priority incidents.
- Represent operations in follow up meetings with cross functional technical teams and incident management
- Ensure timely resolution of trouble tickets.
- Planned Activities
- Identify any issues/impact new service/migration could have on network or operations
- Plan and prepare all tasks, consulting with peers for advice and opinions
- Evaluate and review all planned works/changes that are submitted and understand impact on network and business
- Implement changes at approved time windows
- Ensure all documentation relating to estate is kept up to date with MACDs
- Ensure all new services go through handover process and are “fit for purpose”
- Experience of large scale data centre environments for multi-tiered web services and the technologies that support them (load balancers, layer 7 firewalls)
- Advantageous to have an understanding of Media/Entertainment industry and leading edge corporate connectivity technologies such as NAC, Large campus Wi-Fi support and management
- Involvement in project work and/or delivery of new or migrated services