The group consists of Programme and Project Managers, who work and communicate with a wide range of business and technology stakeholders across all levels of the organisation from executive-level down. We have a wide and varying range of workload – from concept and business case evaluation through to low level delivery activities.
Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
As a member of the Delivery team within the Comms and Infrastructure Delivery group, you will be responsible for the end-to-end delivery of large key projects within the wide-ranging portfolio of programmes the team are involved in. The team are accountable for delivering high profile programmes and projects both from a technology and overall end to end delivery perspective for the business across the core key products such as broadband, mobile, TV/OTT.
Your key responsibilities: -
- Facilitate and drive complex projects within the overall portfolio through from the early stage of initiation to the final implementation.
- Exercise all the attributes expected within the role including scope management, plan management, budgetary control, change control, risk and issue management.
- Provide structure and guidance to the project and to be the calm voice of reason within the delivery to ensure the focus is on the key priorities.
- Build strong and collaborative relationships across the business, operational and delivery areas and to be seen as a trusted delivery resource. You will be required to manage cross functional teams to ensure the project is successfully delivered.
- You will be asked and expected to, manage multiple projects concurrently and expected to report and deliver on all of them. Some of these projects will require Out of Hours working for change execution or go-live execution.
- Build good industry knowledge within the portfolio so that you can clearly articulate and manage the context of the delivery to ensure the project delivery is aligned to the overall strategy of the business.
- Present status updates to senior stakeholders and business sponsors in a clear consistent way.
- Build collaborative and close relationships across the group and the wider business.
- Innovate to continuously improve project delivery best practice within the team.
- Expand your knowledge of project management through training and certification where appropriate.
- Mentor or coach colleagues as necessary to aid in their development and knowledge.
This role will have high visibility within the organisation: you will be working with all parts of the organisation as you will be involved in end-to-end delivery for the largest and most exciting new launches.
It is a challenging and rewarding role, and the successful candidate will need to be self-motivated and resilient.
This role would suit an already experienced SPM who is interested in working within an organisation who prides themselves on innovation, inclusion and diversity.
- You will have a pragmatic results and delivery- oriented mindset, with a track record of having facilitated project delivery, ideally in industry related to our core products, but this domain experience is not essential.
- We expect you to be a good communicator and listener, who is able to translate messages and simplify and summarise problems in a straightforward and succinct manner.
- We want you to be flexible in your approach and be able to adapt your style and methods to get the best out of the business in delivering a project.
- You will have vision, drive, diplomacy and the ability to make things happen in an environment of ambiguity, complexity and multiple stakeholders, being able to influence others without direct authority.
- We want you to be open and transparent in everything that you do. You will always be supported by the programme managers within the team so knowing when to ask for help is a key attribute.
- Our portfolio is wide ranging and we want all of our team to be able to experience different aspects and be able to quickly grasp and manage a delivery within a new domain.
- Finally, we want you to be a strong delivery resource that can be trusted to run a project and deliver to the business needs. To do this we would like you to be able to manage a project in as collaborative a way as possible and to understand the complex dynamics that arise in cross functional delivery in a large organisation such as ours.