Our client has an opportunity available for a Skype Architect to support their client located in London, UK. This position will be focused on design and documentation of a Collaboration solution for a global financial client as part of a large transformation program.
- A UC Solutions Architect with a deep technical understanding of Microsoft’s on-premises Skype for Business solution, including secure Edge and Hybrid (MS Teams) design
- The ability to lead and guide both internal and external stakeholders in technical discussions
- An individual with a penchant for defending security best practices and being able to portray this to a varied audience
- Working from project specification, designing and architecting the solution at a high level, overcoming challenges and negotiating with both internal and external stakeholders
- Able to explain and suggest best practices around user permissions, GPO assignment and Skype For Business permission settings in a Hybrid environment
- Extensive experience of designing UC and Collaboration Solutions including management and provisioning platforms
- Experience of designing and demonstrating Microsoft Unified Communications and Collaboration products and services
- Comfortable working in multi-discipline, complex programs of work
- Ensure that all design work aligns to the customers Compliance and legal requirements.
You will highly experience in design and architecture within the Microsoft Unified Communication and Collaboration space and have expertise in two or more of the following areas;
- Prior experience in delivering change in a Global Financial organization is a must
- A clear understanding of all Active Directory scenarios, including Azure hosted
- Knowledge of firewall configuration and settings for secure environments, especially for Financial institutions; expected to have Palo Alto, Cisco or equivalent experience
- Hardware Security Module appliance experience, specifically for Secure external Certificate supply to MS Servers
- Experience of Private Cloud Skype for Business Hybrid configuration, including DNS, DMZ and Certificate generation
- Solutions Architecture (Design and Planning)
- Understanding of design implications for integration of Office 365 as part of the solution
- Own and deliver both a High Level and Low Level design for a hybrid UC & Collaboration Solution
- Microsoft Teams / Skype for Business deployment (Cloud deployments)
- Knowledge of Session Border Controllers, Gateways, voice/video routing and cloud connectivity options
Knowledge of other Cisco Product would be a distinct advantage i.e, Cisco R&S, Sec, WLAN, etc.
- Exceptional client facing meeting and presentation skills
- Understanding of complimentary UC applications: Voice Recording, Call logging, Wallboards, and compliance capture etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Help produce technical documentation to articulate the business and technical benefit
- Produce design documentation – HLD, LLD, Operating guides etc.
- Develop detailed 'scopes of work' to documents
- Deliver UC technology & service solutions in bid responses, working with the account team