A new requirement has become available for a senior network and security consultant to build out and implement a new network. This is an island network within a large media organisation which will provide transmission of compressed Channel Out-streams via multicast to Satellite transmission services.
Thorough understanding of NX-OS, Nexus 9k, routing and multicast forwarding (ASM / SSM) required;
- Review and understand design principles and topology of IP Modulation network
- Build all relevant device configurations adhering to configuration standards
- Confirm all rack and patching requirements with Data Centre Operations Team
- Process and request firewall rules, identifying all firewalls traversed and applying rules to achieve required connectivity.
- Build out implementation and testing plan.
- Complete thorough testing and ensure network is ready for use (unicast and multicast).
- Productionise new network ready for outstream delivery.
- Create and guide all changes related to the above through the change management process.
- Complete all OAC requirements to move the network into standard Network Operational Model.