We live in a digital world where end users—customers, employees, partners and suppliers—expect applications and digital services to be fast, reliable and highly available, from any device or location. And where companies differentiate themselves is in how effectively they do this. Use of leading-edge tools across the environment that deliver insights into each and every step, across every single infrastructure and network component, in the transaction path is essential to prevent or fix performance issues. Only companies that succeed in optimizing IT systems and processes, delivering a flawless digital experience to end users, thrive in today’s application-driven economy.
Riverbed has a cross-domain Performance Management platform that helps IT manage complex digital environments efficiently and effectively. Our solution collects and analyses data from every source across the end-to-end transaction path including end user device, network, server, application and database. Our breadth and depth of offerings for data collection and analysis is unparalleled, with a portfolio covering synthetic and real-time transaction monitoring and analysis, real-time End User Experience capture, network flow and packet capture, along with application, database and server health. Presented via a single portal interface, this unique collection of rich performance data delivers insights to IT operations teams with skills across all technology disciplines. The Riverbed platform helps collaboration, pivoting between different views of the application environment to quickly find and correct the source of trouble, ensuring optimal application performance.
We are seeking an Enterprise Solutions Consultant for immediate hire to work in the exciting and competitive domain of Digital Experience Management. The successful candidate must be comfortable in a highly technical pre-sales environment, creating technical solutions to solve business problems supporting global enterprise digital transformation initiatives. To be effective the Enterprise Solutions Consultant must have experience of delivering solutions to address application, network and end user visibility in multiple Hardware and Software environments and be comfortable with the technical challenges of working with complex heterogeneous systems.
Account & Territory Development
- Understand customer business initiatives and priorities in order to build technical solutions that align to the required business outcomes.
- Identify gaps in customer capabilities and position solution propositions, building relevance to the customer situation
- Engage with the customer, partner and broader account team to execute and/or coordinate activities to increase Riverbed awareness and grow breadth and depth of penetration within the account.
- Deliver value based solution presentations, product and solution demonstrations and other sales related activities to secure technical and commercial wins.
- Collaborate with account managers to influence, develop and manage sales account strategies.
- Understand competitive landscape within account base and build strategies to go after new market opportunities and defend existing footprint within accounts.
- Build and maintain relationships with key technical decision makers, stakeholders and influencers within target accounts.
- Leverage other resources from other departments, teams and regions from within Riverbed and Partners
- Use a variety of communication skills to run discovery activities in order to fully understand drivers, requirements and expectations of the customer that will lead to the identification of a sales opportunity.
- Interpret complex customer needs and develop innovative solutions supporting recognised technical and business value.
- Simplify the communication of both technical and business content to a varied audience (technical and non-technical).
- Understand the competitive landscape (competing vendors, internal alternatives etc) including incumbent solutions in place and build strategies to overcome the challenges.
- Validate customer sponsors, decision makers and detractors.
- Develop, deliver and/or orchestrate technical validation activities required to achieve technical close from the customer (technical presentations, demos and proof of concepts)
- Create value based solution proposals to address pain points and business drivers and drive technical sales cycle to achieve technical win and commercial closure.
- Provide technical support throughout the sales cycle to drive opportunities to a successful conclusion.
- Collaborate with professional services implementation teams to ensure proper handoff to enable delivery of solution.
Partner & Ecosystem Development
- Build influencing relationships with key contacts in the partner echo system of your customers.
- Involve third party organizations where appropriate to help drive opportunities to technical closure.
- Collaborate with the partner echo system to run technical workshops and proof of concepts.
- Mentor and support the partner technical community to build competent skills in order to become self-sufficient in running demonstrations and proof of concepts involving Riverbed products.
- Extensive IT experience; domain specific knowledge in application architectures and performance management software solutions and in network infrastructure, LAN, WAN and cloud architecture. Strong knowledge and experience of infrastructure management solutions or network infrastructure architecting disciplines.
- Track record in designing, building and deploying application performance software solutions, WAN and LAN networks, familiar with typical routing and switching standards and technologies.
- Ability to confidently articulate technical and business value propositions.
- Familiar with complementary existing and evolving industry technology trends such as virtualization, XaaS and cloud platforms.
- Thorough competitive knowledge including industry, technologies and product offerings in the application performance management space and in the networking infrastructure space.
- Ideally, familiarity with Riverbed and the solution portfolio. Experience in SteelCentral and SteelHead products an advantage.
- Solid knowledge and experience of customer and sales opportunity management practices.
- In-depth understanding and experience in management of all aspects of sales support processes.
- Educated typically to degree level.
Desired Competencies and Attributes
- Strong teaming ethics, willing to share responsibility and effort, support fellow team members.
- Desire to share knowledge with wider technical communities, both inside Riverbed and externally on blogs etc.
- Enjoys the challenge of diverse opportunity engagements, large complex portfolio sales to enterprise, straightforward product sales to small medium Enterprises.
- Proactive worker, dynamic, thriving in a competitive environment with a strong desire to win.
Why Riverbed Technology?
If you’re a high-achiever who wants to be part of a dynamically growing, billion-dollar-plus San Francisco-based company, then you should consider Riverbed. If you want to rapidly develop your career with a company that is also a great place to work, Riverbed should be at the top of your list. Riverbed recently won recognition from two of the most well reputed barometers of the work environment. We are the Glassdoor “Employees’ Choice” award winner as one of the top places to work, ranking #17 overall and #9 among technology companies. Additionally, we’ve been recognized with a Sloan award for work-life balance, which underscores our core values at Riverbed. If you can add to our collective talent and unique culture, then this job might be right for you!