This is a position into the NOC - Support Engineering department. Network support engineers (f/m) are responsible to operate, monitor and support the networks in EMEA region.
Performs 1st and 2nd level troubleshooting, using tools and utilities to resolve system/network performance and related system/network issues. Drive continuous service improvement working closely with the Service Delivery Team to insure the best quality of service to our customers.
- Performs network monitoring: monitors network devices, software health and network tools health checks. Monitors the network tools and reports any device or software outages, prioritizing the issues
- Troubleshoots network problems and outages and provides Level 2 Network Triage support.
- Provides escalation level support for Tier2 and Level 2 team.
- Applies the published work around (S & W and H and w) to get the customer issue resolved within the SLA’s as expected.
- Provides feedback to the various vendors on hardware and software to improve supportability.
- Publishes and manages the NOC checklists. Delivers reports and metrics on incidents and events.
- As part of the Major Incident Team performs Alert monitoring and Incident communication actions:
- Creates and reports tickets for events and incidents. Owns incident bridge setups, escalation calls and cross-functional coordination to drive for a quick closure of the incident or trouble ticket.
- Identify operational issues and suggest design alterations to address these issues.
- Working in a distributed EMEA Network operations support team.
- Schedule network maintenances and upgrades when appropriate.
- The role is on 12 hrs shift and in office environment, currently the pattern is 2 days + 2 night shift over 8 days
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- 1-3 years of experience in previous NOC
- Multi-Vendor basic knowledge in Ciena and ECI required, Juniper, Cisco desirable
- Developed knowledge of protocol: OSPF, BGP, VRRP, MPLS, Ethernet
- Developed knowledge Optical Transport Network, Routing, Redundancy and Transport Protocols like OTU, DWDM, SDH
- Applied knowledge of LAN, WAN, internet technologies
- Must be able to manage multiple task concurrently, work under deadlines, and be able to produce under a mission critical environment.
- Fluent in English
- Project planning and management skills, including ability to identify and assess risks
- Team spirit
- Excellent presentation skills
- Second language: French, german, Spanish or Dutch
- Skills on UNIX, Linux and monitoring tools
- Security background configuring Firewalls