Job Purpose/Key Responsibilities
Asset Management provides an accurate account of all technology asset life cycle costs and risks to maximize the business value of technology strategy, architecture, funding, contractual and sourcing decisions.
We are seeking an experienced Project Manager within our Group Service Management organisation, who will be responsible for GSM transformation projects relating to Service Improvement and Operational Excellence within Asset Management as a Service (AMaaS) across the Group. Territories including UK, Italy, and Germany, as well as in partnership with our colleagues.
Primary focus for 2022 will be in relation to tactical delivery and strategic planning of Group Asset Management process functionality.
This role will have high visibility, you will be working with all parts of the organisation as you co-ordinate end-to-end project delivery for Asset Management as a Service.
It is a challenging and rewarding role, and you will need to be self-motivated and resilient.
Your key responsibilities
As a Project Manager within the programme and working closely with the Programme Manager you will:
• Facilitate and drive projects within the overall programme through from the early stage of initiation to the final implementation.
• Exercise all the attributes expected within the role including scope management, plan management, change control, risk and issue management.
• Provide structure and guidance to the project and to be the calm voice of reason within the delivery to ensure the focus is on the key priorities.
• Build strong and collaborative relationships across the business, operational and delivery areas and to be seen as a trusted delivery resource. Our team works across the end-to-end delivery of projects, and you will be required to manage cross functional teams resources to ensure the project is successfully delivered.
• Build good industry knowledge within the programme so that you can clearly articulate and manage the context of the delivery to ensure the project delivery is aligned to the overall strategy of the programme.
• Innovate to continuously improve project delivery best practice both within the team and externally
• It is essential you have experience and a keen interest in improving & establishing Asset Management processes as part of programme delivery for Technology Service Management policies and solutions that operate across multi-platform, multi-organisation, and complex technologies.
• You will have a pragmatic results and delivery-oriented mindset, with a track record of having facilitated project delivery, ideally in industry related to core products, but this domain experience is not essential. We want people who have delivered initiatives from start to finish and have experienced all phases of a delivery lifecycle.
• We’d love you to be a good communicator and listener, who is able to translate messages and simplify and summarise problems in a straightforward and succinct manner. You will have vision, drive, diplomacy and the ability to make things happen in an environment with multiple stakeholders and being able to influence others without direct authority.
• We need you to be a good facilitator who is able to resolve tension and increase collaboration towards shared goals in any situation, and who is able to build effective relationships with a range of individuals across the organisation. We want you to be flexible in your approach and be able to adapt your style and methods to get the best out of the business in delivering a project. Being able to recognise when things are not working and need changing is core to what we are looking for.
• We want you to be open and transparent in everything that you do. You will always be supported by the programme managers within the team so knowing when to ask for help is a key attribute we look for in our team.
• While we all have our core areas of understanding we want you to be open to new challenges and seeking to manage projects in domains that are new to you. Our portfolio is wide ranging and we want all of our team to be able to experience different aspects and be able to quickly grasp and manage a delivery within a new domain.
• 5+ years’ experience delivering large projects as part of multi-year, multi-workstream, cross enterprise programmes in large scale organisations
• A relevant Project Management industry qualification (Prince, Agile etc)
• Asset Management policy, process, and procedure development and implementation
• Demonstrable experience of working with asset management professionals to deliver AM capability and improved business outcomes
• ITIL v3 Foundation certification
• COBIT 5 Foundation
• Qualifications in financial accounting, project management or data analysis
• Experience in managing external IT service providers and consultants
• Experience in hands-on information gathering, analysis and management reporting
• Experience in the Telco & Broadcasting industry