- Provide world class 1st line technical support and timely fault analysis on the Broadcast Playout platforms, Live Content Delivery and News Operation Centre’s MCR operational teams as well as 3rd party pass through services.
- Work on BAU projects for Content, Broadcast & Production Engineering. This will include software upgrades and stability improvement work across multiple platforms.
- Provide engineering support for out of hours planned work.
- Provide technical leadership during service affecting incidents
- Ensure all issues are logged and reported to high standards.
- Take the lead in root cause analysis of technical incidents. Ensure in-depth root cause analysis and fault finding at the earliest possible opportunity.
- Representation of department at daily Broadcast stakeholder incident meetings.
- AP shift working hours (including nights)
- Experience in Broadcast Engineering
- Experience in Transmission broadcast technologies
- Experience in live Playout environment
- Experience in MCR broadcast technologies
- Able to work a Flexible AP shift pattern (including nights)
- Experience in supporting Playout and MCR functions
- Experience with linear video distribution
- Experience in complex audio manipulation including Dolby
- Experience in M&C systems
• A great understanding of control systems and comms systems
• Fundamental understanding of TCP/IP, UDP, VLANs, Firewalls and Multicast networking
• Excellent knowledge of personal computing
• Excellent communication, collaboration and troubleshooting skills
• Excellent knowledge of the demands of a live broadcast environment