A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Lead Pipeline & Build Engineer to work for one of our major Payments clients. You will work with Engineering, Systems and Operations teams to deliver a service and tool platforms that meet the needs of internal customers to deliver code quicker, safer and with higher quality into production. This will include the CI/CD pipeline and Desktop as a Service Platform as well as working with customers to continually improve the existing services and tools based on feedback and relevant requirements. You will identify and implement significant improvements to the existing Build process that simplifies and speeds up the current process, and ensure that projects and support are correctly resourced.
- Define and maintain the strategy for the Pipeline and Build team that outlines the direction and core deliverables over the near, mid and long term
- Manage the day to day and long-term technical direction of the team to deliver the projects, objectives and strategy of the wider Engineering department
- Align with Engineering team leaders to gain insight and feedback on the Pipeline and Build solutions that are fed into the team to provide better solutions that reduce issues and as well as identify positives within the team
- Manage team resources to ensure projects are adequately resourced and provide updates upstream regularly on projects and team progress
- Engage with internal customers and maintain relationships in order to establish agreements/contracts and manage to completion
- Oversee and measure the fulfillment of contractual obligations. Use key performance indicators (KPIs) to monitor and challenge performance and identify opportunities for continuous improvement. Develop strategies to address under-performance and compliance failures; identifiy where changes are required, evaluate the impact, and advise stakeholders of the implications and consequences for the business. Negotiate variations and seek appropriate authorisation. Actively support and engage with experts and stakeholders to ensure continuous improvements are identified through review and benchmarking processes
- Commission the development of learning materials, allocate resources to learning teams, define learning outcomes. Lead learning programs, recommend and specify learning interventions for design, development and deployment according to agreed learning outcomes
- Establish measurement objectives and the scope of measurement for functions, team and projects. Plan and implement improvements to measurement capability. Select measures appropriate to the context and organisational objectives. Contribute to department policies, standards, and guidelines for measurement.
- Manage individuals and groups. Allocate responsibilities and/or packages of work, including supervisory responsibilities. Delegate responsibilities as appropriate. Set performance targets, and monitor progress against agreed quality and performance criteria. Provide effective feedback, throughout the performance management cycle, to ensure optimum performance. Proactively work to ensure effective working relationships within the team and with those whom the team interact with. Provide support and guidance as required, in line with individuals’ abilities. Advise individuals on career paths, encourage pro-active development of skills and capabilities and provide mentoring to support professional development.
- Take technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of Pipeline/Build development. Plan and drivessoftware construction activities. Adopt and adapt appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Measure and monitor applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security. Contribute to the development of department policies, standards, and guidelines for software development.
- Specif and design large or complex software components. Undertake impact analysis on major design options, make recommendations and assess and manage associated risks. Specify prototypes/simulations to enable informed decision making. Evaluate the quality of others' systems designs to ensure adherence to standards and identify corrective action, if needed. Ensure that the system design balances functional, quality, security and systems management requirements. Contribute to development of department software design and architecture policies and standards.
- Manage user experience evaluation of systems, products or services, to assure that the usability and accessibility requirements have been met, required practice has been followed, and systems in use continue to meet organisational and user needs.