The Primary purpose of this role is to be a VoIP/SIP designer within the Access network domain contributing to the SIP ATA design for our Retail and Business VoIP services.
- Design and maintain technical specifications for Access network component of the Retail and Business VoIP end-2-end solutions, including SIP ATA specification for the Hub and any 3rd party ATAs specify
- Iterate the above designs in order to interoperate with multiple wholesale provider SBC/IMS platforms
- Review/expand test plans to validate VoIP services delivered over our specified ATA
- Interact with the Access Network CPE design engineers to ensure end-2-end functionality of the VoIP solution, specifically the interactions and design of the on-board ATA hub
- Writing and reviewing high level design technical documentation
- Experience with ATA integrated into a residential gateway
- Experience of the SIP protocol and the media transport protocol RTP/RTCP and a good understanding of the IMS infrastructure
- Practical knowledge of SIP messaging, call flows and analysis of packet captures.
- Expert knowledge of VoIP - both signalling (h.248 / SIP) and RTP (G.711/G.723) and its transport across Access infrastructure and issues that may arise as well as knowledge of core control functions (IMS, Softswitch).
- Experience working with Access Network technologies, including xDSL, Dynamic Line Management (DLM), FTTx, G.Fast and PON.
- An experience of writing professional documentation of designs, test plans, operations handover and support processes
Our team focuses on technology strategy, design and delivery. From AI to 5G to Cloud, we work on the latest tech whilst building out our web presence and CRM systems for fixed and mobile networks. We’re bold, proactive, forward-thinking and collaborative.