As a member of the Network Management Centre within the UK Technology Network Operations department, you'll be involved in delivery, operations and support/improvement and expansion of the fully resilient and scalable Network including but not limited to BNG services, Metro backhaul, MPLS Backbone, Peering & Transit, Datacentres and network infrastructure providing transport connectivity to Mobile, IP Core, OTT & CDN.
The ideal candidate will be a multi-skilled network engineer, capable of understanding and fixing complex network solutions in a timely manner.
To achieve this, you'll: -
- Become a service and associated technology Operational Specialist in one or more related areas.
- Provide technical consultancy to the business and project teams always considering Operational requirements - reviewing solutions and documentation as required
- Handles service requests, prepares, validates and implements major changes on the network
- Assist with the handling of major incidents and identifying root causes
- Works on new Network Device Integrations on the network.
Essential Skills: -
- 5+ years of experience of working in large scale ISP/Telco networks preferably in Operations as Network/IP Engineer or Network Architect or other similar roles.
- In-depth expert level knowledge of IP Routing Protocols (OSPF/ISIS/BGP), Switching and MPLS based services protocols is essential (CCIE-SP/R&S is a plus but not mandatory)
- Excellent knowledge and 5+ years of experience on carrier grade Cisco/Juniper/Nokia/Huawei routing/switching platforms with understanding of their architecture. [Cisco & Nokia desirable]
- 5+ years of hands-on experience of working with IOS, IOS-XR, IOS-XE, and NX-OS is desirable.
- Hands-on experience on Nokia or Huawei is a plus.
- Good working experience of Load balancers (F5) is a plus.
- Aware of automation technologies (Scripting skills in Python or Perl is a plus).
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills and have experience handling/fixing critical network incidents.
- ISP/Telco Application awareness is preferable.
- Superb communications ability, both written and verbal.
- Project driven
- Network Assurance tools, techniques etc.