The Role of DevOps Engineer, is either Edinburgh based or working from home within the United Kingdom.
DevOps Engineer Overview: -
- You’ll be acting as technical and cultural change catalysts, accelerating learning journeys and the progressive adoption of the DevOps centre of excellence Technical practices and techniques
- We’ll look to you to utilise your in-depth understanding and broad experience of daily continuous deployment of business-critical systems to production
- This is an opportunity to gain exposure as you secure strong buy-in to DevOps methodologies from the product owner, platform lead and other key business stakeholders
What you'll do: -
As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be demonstrating DevOps technical practices, mentoring, coaching teams, and demonstrating how to measure, understand and visualise the flow and delivery of value through the adoption of DevOps tools, technologies, techniques, patterns, and processes from inception through to technical implementation and delivery.
You’ll also be: -
- Working within feature teams, platforms, domains and centre of excellence initiatives as active engineers, practitioners, mentors and coaches
- Providing feedback that builds on policies, standards, practices and associated DevOps tooling
- Contributing to building the DevOps engineering capability, culture and mind-sets within the bank
- Making sure decisions made are based on robust data, return on investment and value measures that demonstrate thoughtful and intelligent cost management
The skills you'll need: -
We’re looking for someone with experience of portfolio management support roles paired with knowledge of portfolio types. You’ll also hold an appropriate portfolio management qualification such as Prince 2 with Agile, Scrum, Agile or SAFe portfolio management.
In addition, you'll need experience of enterprise continuous integration and continuous development, such as GitLab. You'll be a very capable communicator with the ability to communicate and teach complex technical concepts to your peers and management level colleagues, with good collaboration and stakeholder management skills, along with experience working in an Agile or Scrum environment at an enterprise level.
You’ll also demonstrate:
- Experience of network administration
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, such as AWS or MS Azure
- A willingness to continually learn and evolve with the latest knowledge, concepts and best practice around DevOps methodologies
- Knowledge of virtualisation, including VM Ware and Cisco ACI
- An expert background in tools such as MS Office, MSP, Planview, Oracle and SharePoint
- Knowledge and experience of portfolio management theories, models and practices, including scaled Agile frameworks and Prince 2 methodologies, within an Agile or DevOps environment