Apigee Developer/Software Engineer with advanced skills in implementing API Service architectures.
6 month contract a rate of 500 to 520 a day (inside IR35) and can be worked fully remotely
Apigee Developer required to work in a team aiding in different phases of the project focusing on End to End API delivery which includes Planning, Design, Development, Testing, and Delivery of API(s)
- Create REST API service design documentation, implement requirements of the API layer.
- Design and develop API specifications using OpenAPI Specifications/YAML.
- Standardize the CI/CD setup using GIT workflows / Jenkins and automated build, deployment and tests for APIs
- Collaborating with Client SMEs, Solution designers, business analysts, API engineers and backend engineers to improve the quality of our APIs and assist in establishing best practices/processes across our products.
- Advance planning on necessary technical measures and measures to improve the architectural quality of the solutions
- Full participation in the agile development process
- Creation of technical user stories to implement technical and architectural measures
- Engage in the estimation of user stories with the Team
Required experience and skills:
- Good understanding of integration design patterns
- 4+ years of experience (advanced skills) in implementing API Service architectures (SOAP, REST) using any of the market-leading API Management tools such as Apigee
- Solid knowledge of APIGEE, API, backend server components and performance optimization
- Knowledge about API design standards, patterns and best practices especially Swagger and OpenAPI 3.0, REST, SOAP, MQ, JSON, Microservices etc.
- Knowledge of authentication, authorization of services via OAuth 2, OIDC, etc.
- Ability to apply security, throttling, OAuth 2.0, TLS, certificates, KeyStore, and Trust store for the Apigee platform
- 2+ years of experience working with APIGEE SaaS platforms
- Hands-on experience in Apigee Configurations, Management, and APIGEE testing.