Solution Engineer (SE) works alongside with sales to discover customer business challenges and create unique solution prototypes to present back to decision makers, illustrating value and benefits of RDC’s solutions via an engaging story.
SE's have extensive knowledge of RDC’s software products and services and provide pre-sales and post-sales technical support to customers and partners across the EMEA and ASIA regions.
SE's are considered experts for the RDC products and will be able to design in usage and technical integrations covering user interfaces, batch processing and SOAP/REST API Integrations. Understand the RDC systems that provide the service at a detailed level to assist in answering customer/partner questions.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
- Quickly learn RDC’s products and services including API framework, product roadmaps, new release functionality, and be able to speak to these items at a technical and non-technical level.
- Work with customers and internal teams to develop connectivity solutions
- Work towards being the subject matter expert (SME) and contribute to sales enablement / collateral (product demos, product presentation, product training)
- Learn, understand and be able to explain the value proposition of RDC’s core product offerings
- Manage pre-Sales initiatives and activities to advance sales by:
- Attending discovery calls with RDC sales representants to meet prospective clients
- Collaborating with sales team to understand customer requirements, to promote the sale of RDC solutions and to provide sales support
- Generating solutions based on the prospect’s needs
- Preparation and presentation of technical solutions to prospects that address customer inquiries relating to security, encryption, API’s, integration, data strategies, etc.
- Developing, presenting, or responding to proposal specific customer requirements, including request for proposal responses
- Manage post-sales initiatives and activities to advance sales by:
- Overseeing or assisting with delivering the solution to the client
- Supporting the client throughout the service period over the phone, via the computer or at the client premises
- Thoroughly documenting the technical solution in precise detail, whilst being able to summarize the solution in a concise document or PowerPoint slide to a lay person
- Build rapport with clients, from C-level executives, managers, and support staff
- Achieve client buy in on recommendations prior to implementation
- Be a point of contact through pre-sales and post-sales deliveries until customer is live
- Partner with Integration team through larger customer onboarding deliveries.
- Oversee technical integration deliveries through UI, batch processes, and API (SOAP/REST)
- Capture new customer requirements and work with Product teams to document features and benefits
- Assist in technical optimization efforts with proof of concepts and test
- Assist in RFI/RFP responses for technical aspects
Up to 50% travel; travel based on operation needs
- Bachelor’s’ degree in engineering, computer science, or equivalent IT-related degree program
- 0-2 years’ experience working in a technical role, ideally within a SaaS platform.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experienced in presenting technical information clearly and concisely in layman’s / non-technical terms
- Strong business and commercial acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of APIs and database interfaces
- Experience or exposure to working with APIs, along with base level understanding of SOAP and REST
- Knowledge of file transfer protocols, IT security, SaaS applications, and Cloud Services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
- Sales and Marketing - Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Engineering and Technology - Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Mathematics - Knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people
- Dependability - Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Analytical Thinking - Job requires analyzing information and using logic to address work-related issues and problems.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Initiative - Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
- Adaptability/Flexibility - Job requires being open to change (positive or negative)
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Leadership - Job requires a willingness to lead, take charge, and offer opinions and direction.
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Social Orientation - Job requires preferring to work with others rather than alone and being personally connected with others on the job.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.