A major legacy client for hubbado have an exciting, full-time opportunity for an experienced PHP Developer to join a friendly and experienced team. This role can be fully remote or hybrid at Fleet office, depending on your requirements and preference
Ideally, you will be familiar with maintaining and modernising a legacy codebase to build a highly scalable and reliable platform. You will be working with several third parties via APIs and feeds, so experience of working with large data sets and RESTful APIs is highly desirable.
You should be confident approaching new technology and contributing your expertise to new project. A willingness to learn is key.
They are currently undertaking a migration from a legacy codebase to a cross-platform microservice driven infrastructure, which is being built with Golang, however, previous experience with Golang is not essential as extensive support and learning materials will be provided.
Working in Agile sprints, you will be fully supported in delivering new features to our website platform by your Team Leader, Development Manager, and everyone in the team.
- Ability to build software with PHP and MySQL.
- Familiar with a variety of frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Zend, Laravel, Symfony, etc.
- Experience of working with third-party APIs.
- Optimising code for performance and scalability.
- Estimating work complexity and delivering within sprint deadlines.
- Participating in peer-reviews of submitted code.
- Working with version control systems (Git)
- Excellent basic salary
- 25 days annual leave, plus additional days for length of service and your birthday!
- Full training and support provided, with access to O’Reilly online learning platform and two hours per week paid study time
- Regular team incentives and social events, including annual Christmas and Summer parties
- Great culture and work environment
- Discounts with major cinemas and retailers, family days out, and much more
- Life Insurance and Company Pension
- Employee Assistance Programme (Mental Health & Well-being support)