Senior Business Analyst
Part of a fast-moving environment where key objectives include:
- Support the business transformation into a more product centric organisation to increase focus on better services and more balanced priorities on internal needs.
- Lead change so clear business requirements & value are captured, vs over detailed stories where developers code exactly what’s written without thinking
- Collaborating with stakeholders, clients and internal departments to capture business requirements.
- Ensuring non-functional requirements are considered and captured
- Support the delivery of standard solutions that can be re-used, over bespoke custom solutions that cannot be re-used.
Focus on maximising value and prioritising right deliverables, administration
Key Result Areas
- Improve capture of clear & concise requirements and ensure the value is captured so they can be prioritized
- Meet the wider needs of clients to facilitate the move away from the legacy platform
- Non-functional aspects are considered and captured so they can be measured. Key aspects for a payment’s platform are robustness (high availability), performant, operationally supportable, secure and scalable
Driving continuous improvements across the product domains
- Strong convincing negotiator in agile approach to minimise scope for getting an MVP out as early as possible
- Payment experience is really a must
- Strong on agile and dealing with large projects with multiple stakeholders and consultants
- Be the analyst and responsible for the output of documentation of requirements on project or product domain specific work.
- Working with the product domain cross functional team to: o Capture and document clear user stories or a standard feature overview
- Actively participate in a collaborative approach to identify options/solutions to meet the requirements
- Rationalising the business case to prioritise the backlog in line with PPS’ strategy, including:
- New features
- Fixing or optimising existing elements
- Operational improvements including security, monitoring and visibility into the health and behaviour of the domain.
- Understand business cases and be able to arbitrate between requests, challenging requests where appropriate with relevant data
- Ensuring the context and the ultimate business objective of the requirements is made absolutely clear (to avoid wrong assumptions being made, which is a common issue in the industry)
- Produce supporting documentation around processes, static content to support API/Integration documentation, internal or external as required.
- Non-functional aspects are well covered and ensuring that the implementation can be measured to validate the success of the implementation.
- Product mindset with focus on delivering the most value with the least possible resource
- Manage several requests and parallel work streams encompassing IT and ancillary activities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with teams both onshore & offshore, business, technical teams and supporting departments.
- Ability to produce clear and concise documentation with supporting diagrams so the requirements & processes are clearly understood.
- Ability to emphasise with clients and & internal users to better understand their needs and pain points.
- Ability to work with external international clients and 3rd parties in a customer facing business
- Quick learner within a fast-paced environment.
- Highly organised, with experience of working within an agile environment
- Strong analytical mind-set and can evaluate the business case/value
- Experienced with technical system to system integration concepts such as REST APIs, webhooks etc.
- Technical skills a plus: Able to construct SQL to retrieve data from databases, understanding source code and software development lifecycles
- Foreign languages a plus: Spanish, Portuguese or French
- Experience in the payments, banking or financial service space
- Positive attitude and outlook, determined, enthusiastic and resilient
Work independently with agreed remit and autonomy