“Reliability Engineering represents the beating heart of the our Experience, delivered to millions of homes and devices across Europe. We are looking forward to welcoming a new recruit to our dynamic team” – Head of Group Content Delivery.
What you'll do: -
- Operate and troubleshoot content delivery systems running on a mixture of cloud and bare-metal, used to deliver content to paying subscribers at web-scale concurrencies.
- Commission bare-metal from multiple vendors and VMs on a range of hypervisors using bootstrap automation technologies such as IPMI/iLO/DRAC, pxe, RHEL/Centos kickstart / cloudinit.
- Form/Operate CI/CD deployment pipelines with Jenkins to automate rollout.
- Manage configuration and upgrades of production operating systems and applications using Ansible with associated secrets management.
- Ensure effective monitoring and logging, on and off server. Deploy & manage basic and advanced log processing systems, from syslog, ELK stacks to Clickhouse.
What you'll bring: -
- Specialism as a sysadmin, ideally with RHEL/Centos distributions, with experience focussed on, for example: performance tuning, iptables, pinned repo’s, security hardening.
- Production familiarity with a range of virtualisation/container technologies using e.g., Terraform, Docker, LXC, Xen, LVM, VMware or Openstack with their Cloud equivalents at GC, AWS or Azure.
- Ability to network and secure bare-metal/VM/container systems, ensuring isolation, performance of applications and security considerations.
- Knowledge and practical understanding of TCP/IP, including IPv4, IPv6, DNS, DHCP and HTTP.
- Experience of production-scale deployment and operation of open-source applications such as, Apache Traffic Server, Envoy, Squid, Varnish, HAProxy, nginx.
- A flair for producing clear documentation and diagrams and the ability to manage configuration, shell-scripts and markdown using git.