Our client is looking for two software developers to join their data team to help with application migrations from Windows to Linux. This role is considered inside of IR35.
- The candidate will be embedded into a team engaged in this effort and will join daily standups and planning meetings to deliver the project in an agile manner.
- There are a number of applications which require various activities to move to a new architecture therefore the day to day activities of the role may be varied.
- Understanding or previous experience of migrating C# application running in a Windows estate to a Linux based private cloud environment would be preferential
- A key activity will be migration of C# applications to .NET Core and deploying the result onto a private cloud running Kubernetes using our in house CI/CD stack.
- Knowledge of a JVM language (especially Kotlin) would be useful given this is the target language for most modern apps.
- Ability to understand existing application code based on C# and limitation of .Net CORE when migrating.
- Ability to rewrite existing application using Kotlin and/or JVM
- There are a large amount of technologies in use in their applications and therefore it is important that the candidate is comfortable working across solutions for which they may not have deep technical knowledge.