We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join an existing highly skilled team to identify and deliver changes to systems, platforms and toolsets in a DevOps environment.
A key part of this role will be delivering change and improving both technical elements and the processes supported by documentation. Within this role you will be a key member of our team and will enable the delivery the on-going technical strategies across the business.
Key responsibilities: -
- Responsible for the performance and reliability of the company's global online platforms. Working within the Technology Team, troubleshooting issues with services via proactive/reactive monitoring, alerts and logging, service requests communicated via Jira, email, Sprint meetings and Stand Ups
- Enhancing existing service's tech stack/configurations to improve performance, reduce issues through forensic analysis and be responsible for availability management, latency, efficiency, change management, monitoring, emergency response, and capacity planning.
- Record data and manage issues with a view to participation in reviews and Blameless Post-Mortems.
- Explore and deliver on opportunities to implement automation and Scripting of services, environments and toolsets
- Liaise closely with the application Developers, Sprint Teams and the Development Managers reporting progress, gathering data, readings and information as requested.
- Design, implement, calibrate and validate to company procedures and processes alongside routine service, emergency service and product updates as required.
- Create a bridge between Development and Operations teams by applying an 'a s-a-service' mindset to system administration, management and build topics. Gain exposure to systems in both staging and production, as well as all technical teams. Take part in work with software development, support, IT operations and on-call duties
- Be an advocate for change with an innovative and Growth Mindset, be an engaging collaborative member of the Technology Team and actively support your colleagues in Operations and the wider team.
Skills and Experience: -
- Linux - Debian, CentOS, Alpine and AWS Linux
Desirable (Using or Supporting):
- Cloud Native Computing Foundation (partners)
- Observability/APM Platforms (preferably New Relic)
- Go Lang
You will have an understanding of the mechanics of high-traffic high-availability online websites and related Back Office services to support and evolve pragmatic solutions, while being able to explain technical details to non-technical stakeholders. You will have previously operated within an Agile environment using both Kanban and Scrum (preferably via Jira).