We’re recruiting for a highly motivated Programme Manager based in Leeds, Osterley or Livingston with the ability to travel nationally occasionally.
You will be joining the Business team – supporting a range of customer segments from SoHo to Enterprise and offering an integrated portfolio of content and communications products - working in the UK&I Technology function. The team offer ‘cradle to grave’ technology services for Business covering technology consultation, architecture and design, development, support and operations. We partner with a range of leading service providers to deliver our services, with drive and dynamism, working at the fore front of product and technology adoption. It’s welcoming, inclusive and a place where everyone can be themselves.
What you'll do:
- You will facilitate and drive complex end to strategic programmes through from early stages of initiation through to the final implementation. This role will have high visibility: you will be working with all parts of the organisation to co-ordinate end-to-end delivery for our Business’ largest and most exciting new launches.
- You will work directly with our technology and business partners, both internal and external. You will build strong and collaborative relationships across the business, operational and delivery areas and be seen as a trusted advisor and delivery resource. This will include building cohesive and efficient matrix cross functional delivery teams.
- You will engage with different levels of seniority to deliver the programmes working at exec level as well as directly with the delivery teams across the organisation.
- You will provide mentorship and authentic leadership to project managers within the group and across the organisation.
- You will innovate to continuously improve programme delivery best practice both within the team and within the organisation.
- You will be motivated by and expected to uphold our culture and company purpose at all times. That includes mentoring and being a role model across the organisation. Furthermore, you will build strong trust relationship with your key partners and teams across the company and its supplier base.
What you'll bring:
- We would welcome 10 years’ experience in the telecommunications, broadband, satellite, and media industries, preferably in Western Europe and/or North America.
- We expect you to exercise all the attributes expected within the role including scope management, plan management, budgetary control, change control, risk and issue management.
- Importantly, you will have a pragmatic results- and delivery- oriented mindset, with a track record of having facilitated technology and operational delivery on very large cross-enterprise initiatives, ideally in industry related to our core products, but this domain experience is not essential.
- We want people who have delivered large initiatives from start to finish and have experienced all phases of a delivery lifecycle.
- You will have agile delivery experience and importantly, an agile mindset, allowing you to stay flexible to achieve high-performing results.
- We’d love you to be a brilliant communicator and listener, who is able to translate messages and simplify and summarise problems in a straightforward and succinct manner.
- We want you to be flexible in your approach and be able to adapt your style and methods to get the best out of the business in delivering a programme. Being able to recognise when things are not working and need changing is core to what we are looking for.
- You will have vision, drive, diplomacy and the ability to make things happen in an environment of ambiguity, complexity and multiple stakeholders, being able to influence others without direct authority.
- We need you to be an amazing facilitator who is able to resolve tension and increase collaboration towards shared goals in any situation, and who is able to build effective relationships with a range of individuals at all levels in the organisation.
- We want you to be open and transparent in everything that you do.
- You will be comfortable in quickly grasping ideas in both familiar and unfamiliar domains, and you will be able to use your business acumen and understanding of our strategic objectives to prioritise and shape these ideas to aid the delivery of the programme.
- Finally, we want you to be seen as the voice of calm in a fast paced and dynamic environment. All programmes go through challenges and stressful times, so we want the people running those initiatives to be able to handle those times as calmly as possible and to be seen in control of all situations and challenges.
- FTTX experience - wholesale or direct
- Salesforce experience - from beginning to end of cycle
- You must be of a collaborative nature with a growth mindset and an open minded character