Technical Lead / Senior Sys Admin
London – Hybrid 3 days in the office
£50-£55k basic + benefits
Postholder will be responsible for effective operation of all technical infrastructure on site, and for connection to third party services.
- Demonstrate and promote high level of customer service both with colleagues in the Technology Team and to stakeholders across in delivery of responsibilities.
- To ensure effective operation of infrastructure including networks, firewalls, switches, servers, data storage and backups
- In collaboration with the Head of Technology and Service Manager, ensure all IT systems and services, on-premise and cloud, including applications, are effectively maintained and meet the needs of the organisation.
- In collaboration with Systems Administrator ensure all InfoSec technologies are up to date and fit for purpose. Monitor and manage activities across the organisation and, working alongside SOC, offer timely remediation or alerts.
- Investigate security breaches in collaboration with SOC and Head of Department and prepare incident reports as required.
- Manage domains and ensure registration and security certificates are updated and maintained.
- To own relationship with relevant service providers for maintenance and service agreements; ensure services delivered, monitored and reported appropriately and that issues requiring attention are flagged and resolved.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with managed suppliers and vendors.
- Understand current and future business requirements and ensure technology infrastructure and services align with organisational goals.
- Assess and purchase new and replacement hardware, ensuring asset registers and replacement cycle plans are maintained appropriately.
- Manage infrastructure & contracts budgets on day to day basis including forecasts, cash flow and ensuring value for money.
- Evaluate infrastructure risk, ensure backup and recovery processes operating effectively and disaster recovery/business continuity plans are in place
- Maintain overview of relevant laws, codes of best practice and regulations, and advise where further action required .
- Ensure that the systems and infrastructure are suitably documented and that system development and implementation is subject to a rigorous testing and proving regime.
- Take an active role in technical projects, working as a technical lead or supporting the technical lead to facilitate successful implementations or new services.
- Strong background in supporting/delivering Microsoft stack technologies, M365, defender, AAD, including Enterprise Apps and conditional access.
- Demonstrable experience in supporting network and server infrastructure, OS and services – Firewalls, switches, DNS, DHCP, DC, AD, AAD, ADConnect, RDS.
- Experience in Domain registration/configuration and SSL certification.
- Working knowledge of InfoSec technologies and good awareness of security compliance in a changing landscape.
- Good knowledge of relevant technology standards; protocols and best practice
- Experience supporting enterprise applications in a corporate environment or similar mid to large organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with suppliers and vendors.
- Commitment to high level of customer service, and evidence of how this has been delivered.
- Knowledge of relevant government procurement frameworks and processes.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or holder of an equivalent professional qualification.
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert Routing and Switching (CCIE) qualified or equivalent.
- Able to be on site at least 3 days a week.
- Working knowledge of Finance and Ticketing Enterprise applications
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA or FortiGate firewalls.
- Knowledge of Aruba switch technologies
- Familiarity with Solarwinds Network monitoring tools