Objective of the role:
To build and maintain data centre, cloud and office networks.
Key result areas:
- Meeting SLAs for infrastructure performance and availability, works to reduce mean time between failures and mean time to recovery
- Resolves incidents and service requests within SLA
- Maintaining accurate documentation regarding the infrastructure
- Ensuring compliance with PCI requirements
- Applying critical security patches and resolving critical vulnerabilities within 30 days
- implementing improvements to Network Architecture
- Maintaining systems compliance with standards and implementing consistency between QA, UAT and production environments
- Optimising data centre utilisation to manage costs
- Producing repeatable work, that is documented by scripts and stored in version control systems
- Performing daily, weekly, monthly network checks
- Implementing changes to environments,
- Maintaining systems documentation, ensuring it is in line with change implementation
- Build standards
- Asset register
- Service deployment
- Build process for provisioning new environments
- System specific documentation
- Monitoring and alerting process
- Reporting on capacity and performance and recommendations for network architecture
- Proactively communicating status of tasks
- Notifying stakeholders of service impacting operations to negotiate timings
- Identifying risks and issues, raising with the Systems team
The ideal candidate will have acquired skills in traditional, on-premise networking and have recent, strong experience in cloud networking
Cloud networking skills (particularly AWS)
Cisco Switching and Routing
Strong TCP/IP & Ethernet experience, including cabling and fibre optics.
Awareness of WAN technologies, such as MPLS
Desirable Technical skills:
Load Balancers, particularly F5
TCPDUMP & Wireshark analysis
- Methodical and well organized, able to plan own workload.
- Strong communicator, written & oral. Able to explain technical issues and solutions to different levels of the organization.
- Build strong relationship with other departments.
- Proven logical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills.
- Enthusiastic and adaptable, able to prioritise workload.
- Good attention to detail.
- Capable of working on his/her own initiative.
Out of hours on-call is expected on 1 in 3 basis after completion of a probationary period