Data/Batch Analyst - £440 max - ID: 2682-1
Livingston – Hybrid
The Comms and Infrastructure team supports and delivers some the most critical systems and projects. We have an exciting opportunity for a Data/Batch Analyst with experience building and scheduling using workload automation product Control-M to run on Google Cloud.
• Be part of a team that design, build, test, and implement changes to support critical GCP projects and BAU improvements.
• To update scripts and support documentation to reflect changes in a timely manner to ensure that team knowledge is captured and retained.
• Effective day to day management of the Control-M deployment that provides workload automation scheduling services across multiple environments.
• Responsible for multiple 3rd party interfaces sending/receiving many thousands of files per day using file transfer technologies.
• Ensure the delivery of outputs within timescales as per defined Service Level Agreements.
• Ensuring that internal and regulatory processes, and core values are maintained at all times.
Other responsibilities include:
• Produce and maintain excellent quality, easy to follow and comprehensive technical documentation.
• Collaborate closely with other team members to look after the Control-M estate and ensure that the platform remains stable and is utilising the latest technologies.
• To build effective relationships across IT and other client areas within the company to build a distinct customer focused support function.
• Experience of a workload automation scheduling product preferably Control-M is essential, also knowledge or use of Application Integrator would be beneficial.
• Experience with cloud technologies, such as Google, AWS, Azure would be advantageous.
• Unix skills are essential.
• Knowledge or have experience of using Control-M Jobs as Code would be beneficial.
• Experience of working in an ITIL framework.
• You should be self-motivated and capable of engaging with colleagues, other Infrastructure support teams, key customers, and stakeholders.
• Good at multi tasking and prioristing of workloads to meet ever changing business and market demands.
• Take ownership of problems, issues, and situations through to resolution.
• Excellent communication skills are essential to be successful in this role, along with a professional attitude.
• Be able to build respect and trust amongst others.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, work well in a team environment but also be able to work on individual projects.
• Cloud based technologies. Ideally GCP but others will be acceptable
• Python scripting
• Calling/Interrogating APIs
• Event driven batch workflows (i.e. Messaging queues)