Fluent German and English speaking skills are essential please, this is a remote role but expectation is to be near to Frankfurt in order to occasionally visit new offices being completed Q1/2023.
Working closely with the sales team and European Brand Manager you’ll help to deploy the German, Austrian and Swiss business plan & strategy. Whilst interpreting customer & consumer insights and market data to use your findings to help steer innovation pipelines and customer centric plans. You’ll identify opportunities and develop initiatives to ensure the brand makes a big impact online as well as on shelves, whilst assisting in developing brand plans that will deliver growth for years to come. You’ll be responsible for developing and managing a variety of critical brand building activities to increase brand awareness, drive consideration and eventually conversion via through-the-line activities.
- Leadership: Can rally organization behind a vision for the brand. Can connect the brand’s vision with its action plans to bring the vision to life, whilst breaking down barriers to execute with excellence
- Collaborates: Can collaborate across all levels and departments to bring vision to life
- Marketing Mastery: Vast experience developing brand marketing plans – spanning TTL plans (media plans – TV, OOH, Print, YouTube / BTL - PR, digital, social, influencers).
- Can manage large and complex budgets associated with expansive media plans.
- Innovation: Can connect brand strategies to innovation plans, including partnering with sales on how to support and capitalise on customer opportunities.
- Grows Capability: Can develop marketing mastery in the brand teams – applying this to junior members of the team.
- Strategic: Can distil brand priorities into simple frameworks that drive behaviour for a broad set of brand stakeholders including Marketing, Sales, Regs etc.
- Analytical/Integrates Knowledge: Can connect data points from diverse sets of information to form a clear story that drives actionable insights to move the brands forward.
- Uses Judgement: Can use data but also can leverage judgement and intuition based on experience to make timely and informed decisions.
Evaluate customer / retailer opportunities for the brand, alongside Brand and Sales teams, undertaking the following analysis:
- Retailer landscape & market assessment
- Consumer insights / targeting where relevant
- Pricing considerations & pack format / size
- Market trends
- Competitor analysis
- Develop launch plans and marketing plan recommendations that deliver against the initiative, brand & sales objectives.
- Assist & collaborate with the sales teams on initiatives & executions around new product launches, new listings, existing core brand lines and specific product retailer media initiatives to support annual joint business plans.
- Collaborate with sales team / brand lead to develop trade deck(s) for each major retailer as needed.
- Help to develop and evolve annual media objectives and strategies for the German, Austria & Switzerland markets, whilst exploring and recommending regional opportunities that fit the overall brand strategy for the region.
- Support the Brand Manager with the development of all media communication materials.
- Assist with the planning & execution of activation plans that are aligned with the overall brand plan, covering elements such as:
Local media opportunities
PR/ Press Opportunities
Trade / Consumer Events
- Manage all our web and social media platforms, whilst partnering with external agencies to monitor and continue the engagement with consumers, including but not limited to:
Content creation, planning and execution of all digital platforms and standalone campaigns.
Ensuring campaigns are integrated with retailer initiatives & media campaigns where relevant.
- Run activation plans for key new product launches – tracking performance vs key performance indicators, evaluating return on investment, whilst making recommendations and capturing learnings for future campaigns.
- Develop and manage all marketing communication materials for retail customers comms channels – web, social, print, point of sale, email, print, etc.
- Develop consumer & trade materials such as trade stands, literature, point of sale, sampling etc. to support planned and ad-hoc initiatives such as trade / consumer facing events, retailer activation initiatives, sampling initiatives etc.
- Assist sales teams in planning and attending events and tradeshow activities as needed.
- Collaborate and lead with external agency partners for light touch creation / adaptation of existing global assets
- Lead Public Relations internally and manage external ad hoc PR activity on the brand. Work includes briefing press releases /editorial, advertorials & influencer campaigns where relevant. Monitor and capture all output including press cuttings, social media output and preparing and fulfilling competitions.
- Serve as the brand contact for our brand performance and market analytics across all channels. This includes the analysis of market performance-based data. Measure performance of marketing activities to help marketing and agency teams optimize planning and spending.
- Assist with New Product Innovation planning for the 3-year masterplan.
- Assess business opportunities and markets, alongside customer, channel and consumer insights for your region.
- Support with the development and implementation of artwork for packaging and displays to ensure that top quality materials are delivered in line with specification and to deadline.
- Manage all translations for the German market materials and ensure final materials are delivered as required.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent desirable; Marketing, Communications, Advertising is preferred.
- Relevant Above the Line campaign experience in the following mediums (but is not limited to), Print, TV / Sponsorship and / or Out of Home.
- Relevant experience of working with Health & Beauty / Grocery retailers.
- Knowledge & hands on experience of social media, (Facebook / Instagram/ TikTok / YouTube/ etc.) digital platforms, and Influencers.
Desirable: Experience of working in Health & Beauty Industry / FMCG
- Strong self-starter who uses their initiative, possessing solid leadership skills, whilst demonstrating confidence working cross functionally with colleagues at all levels, yet also being able to work independently, to manage and complete projects.
- Results oriented approach with a proven ability to execute projects from start to finish, working through functional and business barriers as needed.
- Strong team player, with the ability to effectively participate and motivate others working within a team environment.
- Extremely organised, motivated and able to multi-task in order to manage and balance multiple projects at one time.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; able to present to all levels within the organisation as well as customers as and when required.
- Demonstrates the ability to be analytical and creative when needed.
Retail experience within grocery, mass and health & beauty channels is essential.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Has experience working with website design / user experience.
- Overall has a can-do attitude and loves to get stuck into all manner of initiatives.
- Travel Required: 10-15%
Experience of working in:
- Health & Beauty Industry
- FMCG AND Nielsen
- Kantar analysis experience