Senior Solutions Architect
Must have strong skills in AWS and Micro-Services
- Defining and delivering a solutions architecture that supports the creation of a payments processing platform to support customers in South America based on a mix of existing capabilities and new cloud hosting and technologies.
- Ensuring the use of established best practices and patterns, defining standards and guidelines for delivery teams. Assessing and recommending emerging practices and technology as part of the Architecture & Design group.
- Supporting and enabling teams in defining and choosing appropriate technology, patterns and approaches, upskilling teams to take decisions independently.
Key result areas
- Architectural designs encompassing the target solutions architecture and intermediate states
- Application architecture delivered against requirements for security, scalability, performance and availability
- Drives quality through adoption of standards and best practice
- Cultivates close working relationships with engineering & wider technology group
- Leads architecture & design reviews throughout the Development lifecycle.
- Drives and supports innovation, challenges the status quo
- Supports product management, defining and refining solutions architecture to support new product capabilities
- Development teams upskilled to take on design decisions
Significant commercial experience of
- Solutions architecture with an emphasis on application systems
- Creating architectural blueprints and designs, through collaboration with business owners and other architects
- AWS infrastructure and services
- Supporting engineering teams
- Design practices and modelling
- DevOps culture and practices
- OO analysis & design
- Agile practices
Experience of the following would be highly beneficial:
- Banking or payment systems
Strategist – can define and document strategies
Influencer – can articulate and challenge ideas to get the best outcome for the business
Collaborator – can articulate and gain consensus for new concepts and technology changes
Coach & manager – can support and direct architects in day to day and career development
Decision maker – can weigh up complex options to reach the right decision
Well organized – able to plan own work and track progress against a plan.
Strong communicator – able to articulate complex ideas to technical and non-technical people alike