Within the Communications & Infrastructure group, DNE (Digital Network Enabler) is a multi-sided platform (MSP) that offers every team and every individual in Technology an open and flexible software development platform to rapidly digitise activities in their functional area. We are looking for a promising and seasoned Software Engineering Manager who leads a team of Software Developers
Testers, Businesss Analysts and Solution Designers. This team is key for the development of use cases to be onboarded on DNE platfrom.
Role & Responsibilities: -
- Report into Head of Department DNE Platform and be responsible for a group of Solution Designers, Software Developers, Business Analysts and QAs of various experience levels. The team members will include both perm and temp staff based in the UK or at offshore location.
- Responsible for defining software pratices: TDD (Test driven development); right from Design, Development, Testing, Automation testing; ensuring tools and processes required to keep the benchmark high.
- Owning the software life cycle and release management.
- You will have a rigorous understanding of agile techniques and principles, able to answer the question of why they make a difference
- Be broadly responsible for both people management, and the “how” we deliver against our business goals from an in-house software engineering perspective.
- Devise Talent strategy (hiring, progression, industry visibility, training and development, reward, budgets, etc.)
- Build resourcing roadmap, and ramp up or ramp down the team as appropriate. Devise critical metrics for supplier performance management and provide regular business reporting.
- Be a confident technical leader with experience in a fast-paced environment balancing Agile delivery methodologies against business drivers.
- Be experienced in leading a team in an evolving and dynamic environment, ideally in Telecom industry where software is always-on, and customer experience is always more than a consideration
- Be a committed teammate who demonstrates outstanding communication, interpersonal skills and consistent high energy levels, who recognises the importance of people in technology solutions.
- Experienced in TDD. Passionate about Agile principles and are excited to embed them across the organization.
- Experienced in release managmenet and software life cycle management.
- Experienced in setting up testing practices, testing strategy and solid understanding of variety of automated testing is a crucial requirement.
- Experience developing & motivating those in your team by providing clear direction, opportunities for learning & direct coaching.
- An understanding of deadlines, budget constraints and scope of delivery and experience working with the business partners to ensure the right balance between these are met, setting expectations a handling risks early.
- Solid experience in building and streamlining a broad staffing supply chain able to fulfil resourcing requirements with short lead times.
- An understanding of how to make design, development and testing better: improving delivery predictability and speed, operational awareness and responsibility.
- Knowledge of handling operational risks ensuring plans are in place for mitigation or resolution.