We're looking for a Software Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team. They provide tooling to maintain and develop the smooth running of our IaaS platform and allow other software development teams to leverage it to its full potential. Most of their applications are written in C#, but the languages and technologies used by the team are continuously evaluated.
As a Software Engineer, you will be able to work with a high degree of autonomy and utilise cutting-edge technologies to produce the best results. With the combination of hard problems to solve and the freedom to design custom solutions, the role is both varied and interesting.
You will take control of the direction of your projects and will regularly interact with professionals within diverse areas of IaaS and the rest of the business.
Key responsibilities of the role include: -
- Building the authentication and authorisation provider of our on-premise cloud platform
- Building the integrity monitoring and alerting tool for our on-premise cloud platform
- Building the inventory solution used for tracking assets across the company by providing tooling and help with integration to CMDB owners
- Working in an agile, self-organising environment, developing full-stack web applications with an emphasis on solid software engineering principles
You must be a strong, competent, and practical Software Engineer. We need you to be enthusiastic and have a genuine interest in the latest software technologies.
The ideal candidate will have: -
- A proven ability to engineer high-quality software in C# (.Net Core)
- An appreciation of good software architecture, computer science fundamentals and data structures
- Experience of Test Driven Development (TDD) and the ability to write clean code
- Experience of agile methodologies and a familiarity with retrospectives and continuous improvement processes
- A keen interest in applying continuous delivery principles
Advantageous experience and skills include: -
- Experience with containers and cloud-native technologies, eg Docker, Kubernetes, Prometheus
- Experience with messaging middlewares, eg RabbitMQ, Kafka
- Exposure to CMDB or inventory solutions