We are looking for Senior Android Developers to join our Core Client Team who are responsible for building the playback-related functionality in our products. We work closely with several different teams and others to ensure that common functionality is built in a reliable, scalable and efficient way. We own the internally open source SDK which our colleagues across the business use to achieve effortless playback on Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Samsung TV, LG TV, PlayStation, Xbox and Roku. The SDK abstracts the complexity of achieving playback on these devices and provides a single, simple to use API. We are now looking for talented engineers to join us in finding new innovative ways to build features and improve upon our video players
- Build new features and maintain existing solutions within the SDK.
- Contribute to planning and architecture of new features and see them through to release.
- Daily code reviews on new submissions raised to the SDK, both from colleagues within the team and externally.
- Support client teams with integration of the SDK and assist in diagnosing issues.
- A strong understanding of software design and development principles.
- An expert-level understanding of Java. Kotlin experience is ideal.
- Ability to communicate effectively and explain complex problems in a simple way.
- Enjoy collaborating with others, both inside and outside the team.
- Ability to provide constructive and objective feedback.
- Nice to have: An understanding of OTT Streaming Player technology.